(Twin share, Children 4-12 half price)
(Children Under 4 Free)
The Ultimate Legacy Reunion Thailand!
Camp Years 1985 to 1992 Tour Dates: 7-13 January 2019
For many of us, the friendships and memories forged at the Legacy camps in the 80's and 90's are timeless and have played an important part in our lives. Yet between family, careers, and day to day struggles, we rarely have the time or opportunity to rekindle those special bonds. That's why we have created this unique chance for the extended legacy family to come together once more to generate special new memories and to reignite those old friendships in a highly subsidized way.
Join us as we continue the tradition of forging timeless memories with legacy family and friends while exploring the gulf of Thailand by luxury yacht made available at a fraction of the normal cost thanks to Legacy family. We cap off the experience with a visit to Hellfire Pass on the Death Railway of WWII legend where we will lay a wreath on behalf of he WA Legacy Family.
The 7 day package includes all accommodation, transport, yacht hire, most meals and expert guidance throughout organized by National Geographic award winning adventure guide and Legacy family member Mick O’Shea.
While exploring tropical island archipelago’s for 3 days, we will enjoy a wide range of complimentary activities including snorkeling, fishing, beach combing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, spear fishing, wild monkey wrangling, wake boarding, sunset cocktail parties and team building activities. With some special legacy activities such as a ‘Skit Night’ and ‘tell all’ photographic slide shows + some 're-enactments' thrown in, there will certainly be no shortage of humor! There truly is no better way to spend quality time with Legacy family and friends. Children and partners of former Legacy camp attendees are welcome.
Back on the mainland we’ll have the use of dedicated mini vans with drivers to shuttle us to and from the myriad of optional attractions at our disposal. Options include world class golf courses, go karts, Cabaret Shows, ATV’s, Jet Ski’s, Paint Ball, Zip Lines, Underwater World, Adventure World spin off’s with wave park and cocktail bars, art, history, culture, night life attractions and more. Team members are free to scoot off and do their own thing and meet back up with the group at sunset each day for dinner. Micks team of experienced guides will be on hand to help people arrange activities.
Summary: The program consists of a 3 day luxury yacht cruise + 2 days of ‘free exploration’ where team members are free to break off and do their own activities using the complimentary mini vans and the organizational assistance of experienced guides followed by an overnight visit to the death railway, hellfire pass and the bridge on the river kwai in Kanchanaburi.
With several vans and experienced guides on hand during the ‘free exploration’ days to assist with planning, bookings and setting things in motion, we will have the ability and flexibility to accommodate everyone’s preferred activities. For example some might opt for a morning of golf followed by an afternoon at the wave park surfing, while others prefer a luxury spa treatment followed by a Thai cooking course. The choice is yours.
Day 1 - 07.Jan.2019 - Arrival – Free Time - Meet and Greet:
You will be met at Suvarnabhumi International airport by your private shuttle then transfered directly to your hotel in Pattaya. There’s the option to enjoy kayaking, swimming or jet skiing on the beach, or just relax by the pool with a massage as the group assembles throughout the day. At 5.30pm we meet and greet the lobby to head off for an evening meal of exquisite Thai food with optional western dishes. After dinner there is the option to experience one of Pattaya’s award winning Caberet shows or to head into town for some night life.
Accommodation: White Sands Beach Resort Twin / Double Included.
Transport: Private Airport Shuttle to hotel (Approx 2 hrs) + evening transfers to the activities people want to attend
Meals: Buy as you go
Day 2 - Yacht Cruise: We meet at the lobby at 8.30am with bags packed ready for our 3 day yacht cruise. We spend the morning cruising the waters off several beautiful tropical islands. We break periodically to snorkel, swim, kayak and SUP Board as we go. Late in the day we make our way to Ko Larn Island where we enjoy a BBQ sunset feast. Some of the crew will spend the evening in beachside bungalows while others spend the night at Anchor aboard MV Stimulus.
Accommodation: 20 people on board (10 in Cabins + 10 in climate controlled areas of the boat using Camping mattresses with Sleeping Bags + the balance ashore in beachfront island bungalows.
Transport: Private Mini Van Transfers and MV Stimulus 62 Foot Luxury Catamaran
Meals: Breakfast at hotel. Lunch and BBQ Dinner included onboard the yacht.
Day 3 Yacht Cruise: Today we head out to more distant islands where the snorkeling and fishing is better. In the afternoon we visit sheltered bays for some beach combing, beach play and wake boarding behind MV Stimulus. A sunset cocktail party and Seafood Feast is the perfect way to finish a fun filled day.
Accommodation: 20 people on board (10 in Cabins + 10 kids on Camping Matresses with Sleeping Bags) and the balance ashore in beachfront island bungalows.
Transport: MV Stimulus 62 Foot Luxury Catamaran.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and BBQ Dinner onboard the yacht included for the full team.
Day 4 Yacht Cruise- Monkey Magic - Free Time : We have a relaxed start today before making our way to Monkey Island where we interact with dozens of cheeky wild macaques. These amazing creatures have mastered the art of using stone tools to access shell fish on the rocks and even duck dive to catch crabs. They have also mastered the art of nicking peoples belongings in an attempt to play hide and seek, so we recommend only taking what you must when visiting them. In the afternoon we disembark and everyone has some free time to do activities of their choice.
Accommodation: White Sand Beach Resort.
Transport: Private Mini Van Transfers and MV Stimulus 62 Foot Luxury Catamaran.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch included
Day - 5 Free Time – Beach Party / Skit Night:
Today we have a full day to fill with the activities of your choosing. We have 3-4 mini vans on standy to shuttle crew where ever they want to go around Pattaya. Options include world class golf facilities, health spa’s, go karts, zip lines, ATV’s, Trail Bikes, Cooking courses, Shopping, Caberet Shows, paragliding, para motoring, kite boarding, Under water world, temples, hisrotical sites, art and handicraft artisan shops, flow riders, fine dining and night life. The choice is yours, your experienced guides will help you facilitate your preferred options. In the evening we enjoy a beach party with Skit Night.
Accommodation: White Sand Beach Resort.
Transport: Private Mini Van Transfers
Meals: Breakfast Included at Hotel
Day 6 – Hellfire Pass, Bridge on the River Kwai:
Today we undetrake a long drive by Minivan to hellfire pass and the bridge on the river Kwai where we will learn about the incredible war history of the area. In the evening we enjoy a ‘show all’ slide show to bring back some memories. Feel free to bring your own show on flash drive.
Accommodation: River Kwai Lodge
Transport: Private Mini Van Transfers
Meals: Breakfast included at hotel
Hellfire Pass, the bridge on the river kwai and mountain landscape on the Burmese Border
Day 7: War Museum – Cemetary Wreath Laying – Bangkok: This morning we visit the war museum and cemetary to pay oor respects to fallen soldiers and lay a wreath on behalf of WA Legacy before being shuttled to Bangkok airport or a location of your choosing in Bangkok.
Transport: Private Mini Van Transfers
Meals: Breakfast incuded at hotel
Cost: Program cost is based on group size as noted below:
20-25 person group = AU$1049 per person twin share or $1298 for Single occupancy
26-35 person group = Au$970 per person twin share or $1220 for Single occupancy
36-50 person group = Au$930 per person tin share or $1180 for single occupancy
51-75 person group = Au$895 per person twin share or $1145 for single occupancy
Children Under 12 are half price, children under 4 are free.
Flight Costs: Flight Costs are not included in the program. Everyone is free to independently arrange their own flights, however, once group numbers are confirmed we will negotiate with the airlines for a ‘bulk booking rate’ which will be less than the rates available elsewhere. The bulk booking flight price will be announced after we have confirmed group numbers. Currently, return flights are available from around AU$750.00, Booking early is important in order to lock in cheap flights.
Insurance: Insurance is not covered in the attendance cost. We recommend obtaining inexpensive travel insurance from RAC or similar prior to attending.
Visas: Australian Citizens are issued with a 30 day visa on arrival in Thailand, no advance applications are required.
Note On Attendance: This trip has been put together specifically for former legacy wards who attended kids camps in Busselton and Rottnest, former kids camp supervisors and their immediate family members.
1) All Accommodation in resorts and aboard MV Stimulus as listed in the itinerary.
2) All Land Transport to and from the airport and in and around Pattaya / Kanchanaburi for the tour duration.
3) 3 days Private yacht hire aboard MV Stimulus Luxury Catamaran.
4) Expert Guidance from Mick O’Shea, award winning guide with over 20 years experience leading trips in the region, designers and operators of National Geographic Traveller ‘Best Trip in the World 2006’.
5) Over half of all meals included = 11 x group Meals Included, other meals are buy as you go.
6) Entry fees to hellfire pass, Bridge on the river Kai, Museum and War Cemetery
7) Use of all yacht facilities aboard MV Stimulus. These facilities were specifically designed to facilitate ‘Quality time’ with friends and family while exploring tropical islands within 3 x archipelago’s including:
· Entry Fees to marine national parks and protected areas.
· Marina Fees.
· Wake boarding
· Sea Kayaking with our 3 x high quality sea kayaks
· Swimming to experience the serenity of some of Thailand’s best tropical island beaches.
· Snorkeling on colorful reefs teaming with tropical fish when aboard MV Stimulus
· Sub Paddle boarding, we have 2 x Subs available when aboard MV Stimulus
· A variety of board games to keep the kids and big kids entertained when aboard MV Stimulus
· Fishing and spear fishing gear provided
· Complimentary drone filming service by award winning film maker Mick O’Shea.
· BYO alcoholic drinks to keep expenses down and free use of our full onboard cocktail bar facilities when aboard MV Stimulus.
· Complimentary Drinking water, tea and coffee when aboard MV Stimulus.
· Spa Bath
· 5 x Cabins and 6 x bathrooms.
· Includes up to 4.5hrs under motor per day, extra hrs are charged at $55 per hr to cover fuel costs.
· Food Catering and Drinks not listed as covered in the day to day program (About 9 meals are 'buy as you go')
· Optional Gratuities.
· Activities not listed in the day to day program.
· Travel Insurance
White Sand Beach Resort
DEPOSIT TERMS AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
* A non refundable 10% deposit is required to reserve your space. Due Date: 30 May 2018
* A 50% deposit is required 3 months prior to departure
* Full Payment is required two weeks prior to departure.
* A 50% Cancellation Fee is applied for cancellations within 2 weeks and 48 hrs prior to departure.
* A 100% cancellation fee is charged for cancellations within 48 hrs of departure.
* Transferring your booking to alternative dates or people is possible based on availability.
* The captain and crew reserve the right to change or modify the route of the scheduled trip or to cancel sections of it due to inclement weather or other safety reasons.
* In case of full tour cancellation by the Stimulus Pattaya due to unforeseen circumstances, a 100% refund is applied.
* If part of the tour is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances by Stimulus Pattaya, such as weather, then the cancelled proportion of the tour will be fully refunded.
* If more than 50 people sign on for the trip we will charter a second motor yacht to accompany MV Stimulus.
Please Register Your Interest In Attending on the Form Below. Deposit Details Will Be Sent Out By Email in Due Course